Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
All nominations must be submitted electronically through our nomination site. If you require an alternate format, please contact email@example.com. Nominations and supporting materials will not be accepted by email or by post.
Nominations and materials must be in English.
You will be asked to provide:
- Name, email address, position, institution, professional address and phone number of the nominee
- Name, email address, institution, position, professional address and phone number of the nominator (if not a self-nomination).
- Nomination statement of the public engagement activities that form the basis for the nomination
- This statement of two pages maximum should discuss the nominee’s approach to public engagement. It should emphasize the nominee’s public engagement goal(s), intended audience(s), and message(s), as well as the level and type of dialogue achieved with their audiences, evaluation of public engagement work, and examples of how public engagement has affected the nominee’s scientific work.
- More information about AAAS’s approach to public engagement is available in the Center for Public Engagement's Communication Toolkit.
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae
- Limit CV to five pages, with a specific section highlighting public engagement activities distinct from work that is required as part of the nominee’s job. If the CV is longer than five pages, only the first five pages will be considered.
- At least two (up to five) representative material samples or other documentation which illustrate or describe the candidate’s public engagement contributions
- Samples should exhibit the activities discussed in the statement and further contribute to the narrative of the nomination, showing different representations of the breadth of their public engagement.
- Letters of support (up to two) are optional and count toward the five sample/document limit. Letters should provide more insight into the nominee's public engagement and discuss their accomplishments and can be written by a colleague, supervisor, or participant.
- If the candidate uses social media for their public engagement there will be a space to include all relevant accounts.
All materials submitted become the property of AAAS.
Inquiries may be directed to the Center for Public Engagement with Science and Technology via email.